Misunderstood and judged because of his color, size and breed, Lance is a pit bull on a mission to find his forever home. Everything about the world of humans is puzzling to him, from the plastic machine that roars and sucks at the floor to the strange contraptions called shoes that people wear on their feet. But Lance is determined to do his best, and is making lots of friends, until he meets Mrs. Krutch. Frightened of dogs because of an experience she had as a child, Mrs. Krutch would like to see pit bulls banned from the town. It will take a lot of hard work, persistence and an act of courage by Reny to persuade Mrs. Krutch to change her mind, but Lance’s new family and friends are up to the task.
Every child who has ever been misunderstood will enjoy this heartwarming tale of how kindness trumps fear and people working together can make a difference.
Praise for Lead With Your Heart
“CritterKin was really the most enjoyable experience I have ever had in my 17 years as an educator. I wouldn’t change what we did, and I’d do it all over in a heartbeat!” – Erin Preder, Library Media Center Director, John R. Tibbott Elementary School, Bolingbrook, Illinois
“The kids loved Lead with Your Heart. I’m hoping that we can set up a Skype date soon- we miss hanging out with our CritterKin family! ” – Nada Noujaim, 2nd grade teacher, CT
“Such an awesome morning! Still smiling-Lots of great learning and creativity taking place! Love how Students are 100% engaged! So much fun..readingLead With Your Heart, writing, and drawing! Learning at its BEST!” – Monica Evon, Third grade teacher, Bellevue Elementary School, NE
“Thanks a million for the visit. The kids are still talking about it, and a few parents emailed to say thanks!! The kids were so happy.” – Erin Klein, Scholastic Top Teacher. MACUL 2014 Teacher of the year. Ed Tech Blogger, NWP Member, SMART Exemplary Educator, and ASCD Emerging Leader.
“Can’t thank you enough for what you are doing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” – Christina Luce, Second grade teacher, Nate Perry Elementary School
How To Order Lead With Your Heart
We are proud to announce that Lead With Your Heart is being featured by PACER! For every book sold, CritterKin will donate $1 to PACERs National Bullying Prevention Center. Order from their book club today: www.pacer.org/bullying/
Print copies of Lead With Your Heart can also be obtained from:
To purchase a digital copy of “Lead With Your Heart,” (ebook) click on any of the bookseller links below:
NOTE: In order to read a digital e-book you will need either a tablet (Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc.) or free software provided by the retailer that you download onto your computer.
Retailers – Click on the links below to be taken to individual retailer sites
Blogs About CritterKin and Lead With Your Heart
1. Ann Feldman, Technology Coordinator Bellevue School District, Nebraska: http://technologytools4teaching.blogspot.com/2014/08/google-hangouts-ipads-awesome-teachers.html
3. NE Loves Public Schools: http://nelovesps.org/kindness-quilting-come-together-for-bellevue-school-sarpy-museum/
4. Angela Moses: https://staartechers.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/teach-from-the-heart/
5. Jennifer Houlette (Fourth grade teacher, Iowa): “KIndness Matters” – http://engageinspirelead.blogspot.com/2014/07/kindness-matters.html
6. Erin Preder (Library Media Center Director, John R. Tibbott Elementary, Illinois): “Librarian in the Outfield: Part I” – http://critterkin.com/2014/06/librarian-in-the-outfield-part-i/
7. Erin Preder (Library Media Center Director, John R. Tibbott Elementary, Bollingbrook, IL): http://critterkin.com/2014/06/librarian-in-the-outfield-part-ii/
Videos About CritterKin and Lead With Your Heart
1. Tammy Massman (Third grade teacher, Iowa): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClxHxHw-cSE
2. Monica Evon (Third grade teacher, Bellevue, NE): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGlZKhCDw3U
3. Natalie (Third grader): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjIBFm0-ug
4. Angela Moses (Second Grade Teacher, Warren Elementary, TX): https://animoto.com/play/MdThJN1m8ilHlk4GUNn6kg
5. Home and Family with Reign Star Jonathan Keltz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVxJFR9KO-I
6. Make Music With Your Heart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ycNYGlZAp0
7. Smiles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLo6bK9LpU
Project Based Learning Using Lead With Your Heart
This video summarizes the projects the CritterKin team and schools all across North America worked on – “CritterKin’s First Year” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQQrG6yERis
More information about the individual projects can be obtained from our “Projects” page: http://critterkin.com/projects/
Images from the individual classes we worked with can be seen on their Pinterest boards: https://www.pinterest.com/critterkin/